Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Our after-school programs and character building activities provide a safe and fun space for children and teens to grow.
Troops: The Salvation Army has Scouting programs for both girls and boys that we call "troops." The goal of our troop program is to help kids develop: Positive social and communication habits, decision making and life skills, as well as character and leadership. Programs begin at 4:45pm.
- Moonbeams (4-5 yr olds) Girls and boys will learn to make their world brighter by being a light everywhere they go.
- Sunbeams (girls 1st -5th grade) Helps young ladies to develop socially, mentally and spiritually. They learn how to help others in the community, to respect nature and open their eyes to how they can make a difference in the world around them.
- Explorers (boys, 1st -5th grade) Helps young men to develop socially, mentally and spiritually. They learn how to help others in the community, to respect nature and open their eyes to how they can make a difference in the world around them.
- Girl Guards (girls 6th -high school) For girls ages 12 to 17, emphasizes a four-fold approach addressing spiritual, physical, mental and social needs. Skills development, personal growth and community service opportunities help girls to learn to work independently and together as a group.
- Rangers (boys 6th -high school) Helps young men explore the world around them, learn civic responsibilities and discover ways of serving God and others.
During troops, mothers who have come with their kids can also attend a parenting class where we just share about being moms, learn crafts, food/snack ideas, games, etc. that they can do with their children.
A family dinner is provided after troops/parenting classes, where a devotional is shared.
Extracurricular music and art activities are provided after dinner for children.
- Introduction to music (4-6 yr olds): They will use simple instruments, xylophones and other rhythm instruments to begin learning about music.
- Brass Instruments are available depending on the experience level of children attending.
- Other Instrument Classes: Guitar, drumline, drums, choir
While kids are in classes, the ladies attend Home League, our Women's Ministries group. The men love to help clean up after dinner and then join together for fellowship and Bible Study. Nursery care is provided if needed.
We also have monthly (or bimonthly) meetings for teens. They have a great time of fellowship and time to play but also a time to share in God's Word.
For more information regarding programs, please call: 858-483-1831